Monday 21 September 2009

Wedding Flowers

Colourful Flowers

Credits: Sedona Bride


When we first started looking at planning our wedding my original plan was to go with all white flowers but after a lot of thinking, and digging through the internet and bloggers archives I realized that I just couldn't visualize our wedding being white! 
I crave colour all of the time - my favourites are the bright ones - Red, Orange, Turquoise... And although I could put together lots of weddings that featured solely white colours I soon realized that those boards that I was diligently putting together weren't our wedding, they just weren't 'Us'. So i've scrapped that plan and now have settled on having a rather un-schemed colour scheme (if there is such a thing!) 
We are going to have a mixture of bright, fun, summery colours in arrangements that are loose and handmade. Like most of our wedding we will be DIY-ing the flowers so they will be in simple arrangements, loosely displayed in various glass vases, mason jars, jam jars and other eclectic holders.
Scott likes the idea of putting some flowers in metal buckets or baskets, which I think would look great (just as long as they were done 'right'). Even for my bouquet (which I am going to go for solely white and creamy flowers) will be loose, hand-tied and probably filled with peonies, roses and greenery.
The ideal look for our wedding flowers would be 'wild and rustic' but with a touch of care that shows how much work has gone into making them look gorgeous!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment