Monday 16 March 2009

Wedding Planning :)


What can I say? Today has been a very busy day for me... and no I havn't got around to tackling the HUGE pile of ironing that needs to be done :S...
However I have sorted out something that I have been thinking about for a VERY long time - taking a part-time course in something I am actually interested in (compared to my university degree which unfortunately is proving to be a bit of a drag!)

Anyway enough suspense *drum roll please* -  I am enrolling on a course at Central Saint Martins College of Arts London - and by this time next year will be a fully qualified event planner :D 
Of course this probably isn't half as exciting for you reading this as it is for me - after all I am the one doing all the jumping around in hyper-ness (word?!) and thinking up my big plans. 

This all started of course on the chatroom of the 'You and Your wedding' website where I was helping a certain young lady develop her ideas for an Alice in Wonderland Themed Wedding (I will post these up later by the way) and had several comments about how good my ideas were and that I should be... wait for it... a Wedding Planner! Once the idea was in my head I couldn't stop thinking about it - could I really help other couples like us plan the wedding of a lifetime? Would people really like my ideas outside of the realm of cyberspace?! 
I admit I'm pretty nervous about the whole idea - yet the fact that the butterflies in my tummy are the exact same butterflies that visited me the night of my first date with the H2B (husband-to-be) makes me think that maybe this could be a great idea and what if, at last, I have found my calling? It makes me go giddy just thinking about it!!! 

On a more serious note (the giddyness clearly got me running away with myself) I am actually really looking forward to it :-) Unfortunately the course doesn't start for a couple of months so I'm going to have to wait - yet something tells me that I will be using this time to get myself fully prepared! Not to mention getting my university work out of the way :-S haha!

I shall be posting a few inspiration boards up on the website to showcase a few of my ideas - any feedback would be much appreciated as I would love to know what people thought of my pieces :-) Also if anybody has real wedding pictures they would like to share feel free to email me at alex.peploe123@gmail.com

Kisses and Hugs

Alex
xxx


2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD YES!
    Alex this is you all over how exciting!
    Cant wait to hear all about it, feel like i havent seen you in weeks! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou sweety!
    I know i've been terrible hardly coming into uni because i'm either at an appointment or not feeling well :-( very depressing! But this is a very exciting thing that i'm getting into now - isn't scott a darling for signing me up?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete